The bulk of this "Book of Memories" [scrapbook] consists of young and contemporary images of Club memories juxtaposed with brief hand-written or printed obituaries. Also found in this scrapbook are charter member lists and images, various rosters, event photographs, corres., and a few meeting records. Information on play "Tuning up for the wedding."
Highland Park has a diversity of churches and synagogues, representing multiple denominations. From the first, a Catholic Church a cabin of oak logs erected by early settlers in 1846 to the Christian Science Church built in 1904 (the building was sold to the City in 1984), this collection comprises documents, service programs, photographs, newspaper articles and other materials pertinent to the Roman Catholic, Evangelical, Episcopal, Lutheran, Methodist, and other Christian churches and materials pertinent to several Jewish synagogues serving the community.
Map shows the Highland park Woodlands: the area between Western and Priscilla (east-west) and Euclid and Burchell (north-south). There are drawings of proposed houses in the area as well as restrictions on the lots. The map was drawn by M.B. Schaeffer, June 20, 1936.
This collection documents early Highland Park and Elm Place School. It is a series of class photographs and teaching aids. The collection has been arranged into 5 series with a list of each item in that series. They are mostly black and white and a few have been damaged. They are all 4x5. These slides may have been taken chiefly by Jesse Lowe Smith. Brand Studio may also be responsible for some of the photography.
Jewel worn by the high priest , Albert Marshall, of Royal Arch Masons (Yorkrite), colored stones Black jewelers case for above, ""S. Levin Jeweler, Highland Park ILL."" Engraving on verso reads "Presented by Highland Park Chapter No. 226 R.A.M. Dec. 16"
This is an artificial collection created by the Highland Park Historical Society. Much of the donor information for the collection is unknown. The contents of the collection includes abstracts and examinations of title and deeds of warranty and/ or mortgages relating to the Highland Park area. The dates of the materials span from circa 1839-1934.