Print preview Close

Showing 291 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions
Print preview View:

24 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Highland Park Woman's Club, records

  • US IlHpHS HPWC
  • Collection
  • 1899-2000

There are five series in this collection: Minutes and Dues, Yearbooks, Scrapbooks, Topical files, and Artifacts. The Minutes document meetings with handwritten minutes and subscription information from the Club’s inception until 1956 and dues, 1902-1957. A sub-series contains the minutes from the Highland Park Woman’s Club Garden Club, 1935-1967. This series is one foot located in Box 1. The Highland Park Woman’s Club Yearbooks, 1902-1970, contain membership data for the Club and its Junior Auxiliary and information regarding events and achievements from previous years. This series is two feet, located in Boxes 2-3. The Chronological Scrapbooks documents the Club’s activities through clippings, yearbooks and other memorabilia. This series is twelve cubic feet, located in boxes 4-16. The topical file is arranged chronologically and by subject. Of special interest are folders documenting the history of the Club, created by Club members, newsletters (very incomplete), and files documenting two key court cases; one regarding the disposition of the clubhouse and the other property tax exempt status. Also housed within this series are several rare issues of the Illinois Clubwoman periodical. The Series is two linear feet, Boxes 17-18. Artifacts include a plaque and logo and other brand stamps. The artifacts are located in Artifact Drawer 1.

Highland Park Woman's Club.

Frank Green photography collection

  • US IlHpHS fran.gre
  • Collection
  • ca. 1870-1900

Frank Green was the husband of Dr. Milton Baker's daughter, Bertha. These images are chiefly family photos with ephemeral identification.

Green, Frank B

Plats

  • US IlHpHS Plat
  • Item
  • 1925

Manuscript plat book of Highland Park, Illinois.

Corrough, Dana A

Orson Brand family and studio visual collection

  • Orso.Bra
  • Collection
  • 1874-1956

This collection contains images and advertisements from the Brand Brothers Studio. Images range from the Brand family at various events to other local families and even individual people. All advertisements for this collection are for the Brand Brothers Studio and range from calling cards to calendars.

Brand, Orson B

Peter Voulkos Sculpture collection

  • US-IlHpCH 302
  • Collection
  • 1969-1990, undated

The collection contains correspondence, news clippings, photographs, and other materials related to the public sculpture sometimes called "Miss Nitro" by Peter K. Voulkos located next to the Highland Park Public Library. The abstract sculpture was partially funded by a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts. The bronze sculpture was installed in August 1973 and was met with controversy.

Emily Rosenberg papers

  • US-IlHpCH 303
  • Collection
  • 1959-1962, undated

3 issues of the Highland Park High School Yearbook Little Giant, 2 issues of the Highland Park High School Buzz Book Student Directory, and various news clippings generally about engagements and marriages of former students.

Highland Park High School (Ill.).

Evangelical Congregational Church records

  • US-IlHpCH 2022.3
  • Collection
  • 1855-2016

The Evangelical Congregational Church of Highland Park marked its official founding on June 28, 1896, with the dedication of its newly erected church building, but the church’s origins date back further. The early church was comprised of German speaking pioneer settlers from Pennsylvania who had been members of the Evangelical Association found by Jacob Albright. In 1839, these settlers started a church in what is now North Northfield. Some of these church families relocated to Highland Park and formed a group that by 1873 was part of the Des Plains circuit. A church building was erected in 1883 on the northwest corner of Central Avenue and Green Bay Road. In 1894, the Illinois Conference of the United Evangelical Church was organized following a division of the Evangelical Association. The First United Evangelical Church of Highland Park was organized under this conference and construction began on the permanent church building.

Upon the dedication of the church building in 1896 by Bishop Rudolph Dubs, H. H. Thoren became the first pastor. The church originally held its services in German until introducing an English service in 1898 and the earliest records of the church are written in German. In 1913 the church sent out its first missionary, Homer Dubs, to China and enlarged the basement of the building. The church decided to remain independent during the merger of the two national denominations, The United Evangelical Church and the Evangelical Association in 1922. The interior of the church was remodeled in 1935. During the 1950s the basement was enlarged again, and the steeple lowered due to deterioration of the wood. On June 24, 1962, groundbreaking ceremonies were held for a new Christian Education Building to provide more space. The completed building was dedicated on May 26, 1963, by Bishop H. H. Scanlin. The church became affiliated with the Evangelical Congregational Church headquartered in Myerstown, Pennsylvania, the successor to the United Evangelical Church. The last service at the Evangelical Congregational Church of Highland Park was held on December 28, 2010.

The collection is organized into eight series: Administrative Records; Organizations; Women’s Missionary Society and Sunday School; Special Days; Memorabilia; Photographs; Publications; and Miscellaneous. The records document the operations, activities, and members of the church as well as their relationship with regional and national church groups.

Evangelical Congregational Church

House Photographs Collection

  • US-IlHpCH 306
  • Collection
  • 1987-1993, undated

Mostly color photographs of houses in Highland Park, Illinois. Many photographs are labeled with MLS numbers.

Culver family papers

  • US-IlHpCH 300
  • Collection
  • 1903-1982

The collection consists of primarily historical documents related to the family’s property at 2687 Logan Street, Highland Park, Illinois. This includes abstracts about the property, a plat survey, estimate for a patio enclosure by Montgomery Ward, and correspondence about the water service pipe and placement of the home in the National Register of Historic Places. The collection also contains maps of Highland Park, Illinois; photographs of an unknown bride and a Boy Scout summer camp; programs; brochures and other ephemera.

Culver, Lillian G.

Ravinia Garden Club records

  • US IHigp 304
  • Collection
  • 1927-2019

The collection contains awards, reports, administrative documents, publicity, tax records, photographs, and related materials about the activities of the Ravinia Garden Club and its members.

Ravinia Garden Club

Results 1 to 10 of 291