This collection contains real estate records from various realtors for Highland Park properties ranging from the middle of the 1950s through 1980. Records contain the physical description with images and additional information about the property and its surrounding area. The bulk of the files document residential properties with some commercial locations.
Some properties were designed by such prominent architects as Eugene Henry Klaber, Ernest Grunsfeld, Jr., Howard Van Doren Shaw, Ernest Grunsfeld, III, Milton Schwartz, Greta Lederer, Arnold Schaffner, and Robert Seyfarth.
Baird and Warner Inc. Addition to Deere Park Sub. being a subdivision of the Southeast 1/4 of the Southwest 1/4 and the Southwest Fraction 1/4 of Section 31 Township 43 North Range 13 East of the 3rd P.M. Also Lots 13 and 14 in Hill and Stones ravine View Subdivision in the said Southwest 1/4 of Section 31 T.43N. R.13E of 3rd P.M. in the city of Highland Park, Lake County, Illinois. The map shows the area from west to east, Ravinia Court to Lake Michigan and north to south Deere Park Sub. to Sheridan Rd. Approved and accepted by the council of the city of Highland Park, this 29th day of January, A.D. 1926 signed by Samuel M. Hastings, Mayor.
Records, chiefly regarding land indentures and deeds for Stupey and Gerhardt families in Highland Park, Illinois. Includes family correspondence and photo of Peter C. Stupey (1847-1928) and Highland Park families dressed for excursion to World's Fair, 1893
Hand-drawn map with a key to 60 local businesses and a note "To Mr. Lundgren's knowledge, the oldest continuing business in Highland Park is the Earl W. Gsell & Co. It was first known in 1872 as Kurkee & Cummings ; later Cummings ; and then Earl W. Gsell. In 1923, a partnership was formed with Earl W. Gsell and Oscar L. Lundgren, retaining the Earl W. Gsell name. After Mr. Gsell's demise, the business continued in the same with Oscar L. Lundgren sole owner. The three stores were sold to Caesar A. Garibaldi in 1974 who continues the business in the same name. The business is now 107 years old. Prepared by Oscar L. Lundgren (signed), July 1979.
Map shows the Highland park Woodlands: the area between Western and Priscilla (east-west) and Euclid and Burchell (north-south). There are drawings of proposed houses in the area as well as restrictions on the lots. The map was drawn by M.B. Schaeffer, June 20, 1936.
The content of this series includes photos and postcards of real estate properties as well as files about residences and architects in Highland Park, Illinois. This series was put together by the Highland Park Historical Society from diverse sources. There is a written description included with each property. The dates of these properties range approximately from the mid 1930s until the mid 1970s. The properties are arranged alphabetically by street name and then in number order.