Scope and Contents note This file contains records relating to property purchased for a school site at Braeside. The file includes warrenty deeds, bills, a plat of survey for the Braeside school property, special assesment reciepts, and correspondance. The dates of this material range from 1925-1929.
This file contains records relating to school territory withdrawn from District 108 and attached to 107. This file contains five different documents: Petition to Detatch the SE 1/4 of the SW 1/4 of Section 27, Twp. 43 from School District 109, and Attach to District 108, Filed 3/18/38; Briargate Villa Subdivision City of Highland Park Petition to Attach to District 108, Filed September 27 '40; Petition of Certain Territory School District 109 to be Attached to District 108, Was Heard by the Trustees of Schools on July 31, 1934 and Prayer of Petitioners Refused; Appeal Made to the County Superintendant of Schools. The County Superintendant of Schools upheld the Decision of the Township Trustees of Schools., October 15, 1934. Petition of Certain Territoy School District 109 to be Attached to District 108 Brought before the Township Trustees on September 10, 1935; and Suplemental Petition Brought Before the Trustees on September 20, 1935. Territoy Withdrawn From School Dist. 108 and Attached to School District 107 August 17, 1933.
Baird and Warner Inc. Addition to Deere Park Sub. being a subdivision of the Southeast 1/4 of the Southwest 1/4 and the Southwest Fraction 1/4 of Section 31 Township 43 North Range 13 East of the 3rd P.M. Also Lots 13 and 14 in Hill and Stones ravine View Subdivision in the said Southwest 1/4 of Section 31 T.43N. R.13E of 3rd P.M. in the city of Highland Park, Lake County, Illinois. The map shows the area from west to east, Ravinia Court to Lake Michigan and north to south Deere Park Sub. to Sheridan Rd. Approved and accepted by the council of the city of Highland Park, this 29th day of January, A.D. 1926 signed by Samuel M. Hastings, Mayor.
There are two maps; one mounted on either side of the board. The first one "City of Highland Park Illinois 'Use Map'" (1923) was created by Windes and March, drawn by M.A. Stockley. It includes a legend: "A" residence district, "B" residence district, "C" local business disctrict, "D" commercial district, and parks, golf courses etc. The second map, "Present City of Highland Park from the office of Paul Phelps, Inc." (1939). The map includes a street index.