Jewel worn by the high priest , Albert Marshall, of Royal Arch Masons (Yorkrite), colored stones Black jewelers case for above, ""S. Levin Jeweler, Highland Park ILL."" Engraving on verso reads "Presented by Highland Park Chapter No. 226 R.A.M. Dec. 16"
The Highland Park Army and Navy Center opened it doors to young men from Fort Sheridan and the Great Lakes Naval Station July 4, 1917. Located at 380 Central Ave in Highland Park, Illinois, an average of 2000 young men visited the Center weekly. This the story by the founders of this community center for military members away from home.
Map shows the Highland park Woodlands: the area between Western and Priscilla (east-west) and Euclid and Burchell (north-south). There are drawings of proposed houses in the area as well as restrictions on the lots. The map was drawn by M.B. Schaeffer, June 20, 1936.
Scrapbook of professional photographs of Highland Park home interior and exterior in Central and Laurel Avenues area. Images on the interior wall include a young man in a Northwestern Military Academy Uniform, pendants for the academy and the University of Michigan and hunting ephemera.