This is an artificial collection created by the Highland Park Historical Society. Much of the donor information for the collection is unknown. The contents of the collection includes abstracts and examinations of title and deeds of warranty and/ or mortgages relating to the Highland Park area. The dates of the materials span from circa 1839-1934.
Family photographs and a scrapbook were donated by Olivia Millard. The collection includes photos of the Sylvester Millard House exterior and interior; Lake Michigan and the bluff overlook; the bridge over a ravine to the house; and Everett Lee Millard Jr and Mary Hyde 'Millard in front of new Highland Park sign, parents of Olivia Millard.
This collection is comprised of photographic slides taken in Highland Park and the surrounding area from February 1959 through November 1981. The images document: holiday related town events such as the 4th of July parade, main avenues of transportation, and significant landmarks such as the Stupey Cabin, the Elisha Grey House, local schools and the Highland Park Historical Society.
This collection was created by a committee developing a centennial exhibit for the Highland Park Fire Department. The dates range from 1889 to 1989 with the opening of the exhibit. The items found in this collection are various images, newspaper articles, an exhibit proposal, various reports from the fire house, a yearbook created for the centennial, and a uniform.
There are five series in this collection: Minutes and Dues, Yearbooks, Scrapbooks, Topical files, and Artifacts. The Minutes document meetings with handwritten minutes and subscription information from the Club’s inception until 1956 and dues, 1902-1957. A sub-series contains the minutes from the Highland Park Woman’s Club Garden Club, 1935-1967. This series is one foot located in Box 1. The Highland Park Woman’s Club Yearbooks, 1902-1970, contain membership data for the Club and its Junior Auxiliary and information regarding events and achievements from previous years. This series is two feet, located in Boxes 2-3. The Chronological Scrapbooks documents the Club’s activities through clippings, yearbooks and other memorabilia. This series is twelve cubic feet, located in boxes 4-16. The topical file is arranged chronologically and by subject. Of special interest are folders documenting the history of the Club, created by Club members, newsletters (very incomplete), and files documenting two key court cases; one regarding the disposition of the clubhouse and the other property tax exempt status. Also housed within this series are several rare issues of the Illinois Clubwoman periodical. The Series is two linear feet, Boxes 17-18. Artifacts include a plaque and logo and other brand stamps. The artifacts are located in Artifact Drawer 1.