Print preview Close

Showing 39 results

Archival description
Illinois--Lake County--Highland Park
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

38 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Wagon wheel quilt

Pieced, possibly for a woman's circle of the (First) Baptist Church or the first Evangelical Congregational Church. This 1895 block quilt of wagon wheels is an early example community fundraising in Highland Park, Illinois. It contains 564 names. A wheel's center name is probably the church or missionary member sewing that section with the names in the spokes being subscribers to her wheel. 192 x 190 cm.

Goldberg's Opera house

Broadside advertising "Goldberg's Opera House Highland Park Thursday, Oct' 7 Something New, Funny and up-to-date. McCabe & Young's A New York Success: A Black Trilby." Framed item is fragile and has been repaired with tape.

Burus Cabin

Verso reads "The Old Burns cabin (ill.) on the Swift Farm west side of Ridge road."

Corner

Looking east on Central Ave. across railroad tracks with view MacDonald's ( McDonald ) Store. Erskine Bank opened in the building a few years later.

Lamb's House

Verso reads Lamb's in section 16 West of Highwood north fo C & N track way off from the main road."

Quilt

Brown, red, blue, and green quilt with a solid black and blue checkered backing contains the following names imprinted on the top side: H. Ashley, Alina Hewitt, Mr. John P. Hirtle, Elma J. Hewitt, and Franciene N. Hill. 192 x 130 cm. Faded.

Baseball uniform

Two-piece, short-sleeve, baseball uniform fabricated with grey wool featuring blue stiching and felt lettering "North End A[thletic] C[lub]" on front and "HP" in diamond on sleeve. 131 x 94 cm. Faded.

Results 1 to 10 of 39