- 1924-06-17 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
43 x 35 cm.
Name of creator
The Highland Park and first area schools were built in 1856, the earliest known then as Port Clinton School. In 1893 Port Clinton School was replaced by a large two-story brick building which is known as Elm Place School. During 1869 to 1961 the local school system of Highland Park continued to grow as a result of academic innovation and an involved community, and in 2011 there were eleven schools in the North Shore School District 112 of Highland Park, Illinois. These schools are Elm Place School, Ravinia School, Lincoln School, Oak Terrace School, Braeside School, Edgewood School, Indian Trail School, Red Oak School, Wayne Thomas School, Northwood School, and Sherwood School. There is also Highland Park High School which is in District 113.
Grandmother of donor.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Gift of Janice Antes L'Amoureux, 2014.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Presented to Lenora E. Juhrend upon successful completion of studies at Elm Place School and admission to high school.