Scrapbook documenting the renovation of the Ravinia Train Station contains color photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings and engineering reports. Compiled by Jeff Stern for the Ravinia Neighorbors Association. Items in the scrapbook date from 1980 to 1993 with the bulk of the items dating from 1981 to 1989.
These are drainage and utility plans for Dale Ave. The diagram focuses on the intersection of Dale and Laurel Aves. The plans were drawn by Y.D.Z. and checked by J.D.H. The plans are from 3-18-91 and revised 4-26-91.
Colormap of Highland Park,Illinois from 1987 featuring animated versions of all of the major landmarks around downtown Highland Park. It includes a sign the Highland Park was voted an All American City from 1985-1986. There is a brief (six paragraphs) description of the history of Highland Park.
This poster commemorates Ravinia's 50th Anniversary in 1985. The poster was designed by Barry Deck, Northern Illinois University. Poster contest sponsored by Ravinia Women's Board and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Printing donated by recycled paper products. Copyright 1985-- Ravinia.
The Stupey family tree starts with Francis Stupey (1815-1890) and his wife, Margaretha Rectenwald (1818-1868). It includes Francis Stupey's second marriage to Rosa Ciechanowski in 1872 and Rosa's second marriage to Gerhardt. The family tree was issued September 24, 1983 and revised December 4, 1983. It was compiled by Joseph H. Stupey 1010 139th PL N.E. Bellevue,Washington.
Hand-drawn map with a key to 60 local businesses and a note "To Mr. Lundgren's knowledge, the oldest continuing business in Highland Park is the Earl W. Gsell & Co. It was first known in 1872 as Kurkee & Cummings ; later Cummings ; and then Earl W. Gsell. In 1923, a partnership was formed with Earl W. Gsell and Oscar L. Lundgren, retaining the Earl W. Gsell name. After Mr. Gsell's demise, the business continued in the same with Oscar L. Lundgren sole owner. The three stores were sold to Caesar A. Garibaldi in 1974 who continues the business in the same name. The business is now 107 years old. Prepared by Oscar L. Lundgren (signed), July 1979.
The map shows Highland Park and its vicinity. This map has been revised three times: June 3, 1955 by NJP, April 6, 1962 by PEC, and March 2, 1965 by CAM and JLH. The map includes dis-annexed and annexed ordinances and the dates they were passed. The map is presented on vinyl-like material that is translucent.