Framed watercolor painting features early 20th century Highland Park looking East at the SE corner of St. Johns and Central Ave. from railroad tracks as envisioned by artist; presented to the Highland Park Chamber of Commerce in 1994. The name of the original artist is faded: initials appear to read are Shir. S. 57 x 70 cm.
Hand-drawn map with a key to 60 local businesses and a note "To Mr. Lundgren's knowledge, the oldest continuing business in Highland Park is the Earl W. Gsell & Co. It was first known in 1872 as Kurkee & Cummings ; later Cummings ; and then Earl W. Gsell. In 1923, a partnership was formed with Earl W. Gsell and Oscar L. Lundgren, retaining the Earl W. Gsell name. After Mr. Gsell's demise, the business continued in the same with Oscar L. Lundgren sole owner. The three stores were sold to Caesar A. Garibaldi in 1974 who continues the business in the same name. The business is now 107 years old. Prepared by Oscar L. Lundgren (signed), July 1979.