Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Highland Park Hospital
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Highland Park Hospital began as a community institution in 1918. It began with a focus on local community health and was supported by individuals and associations of Highland Park. Some of the associations that contributed to the Hospital in its early years are the Woman's Auxiliary, Ossoli Club, Ravinia Woman's Club, and the Garden Club of Highland Park. The Hospital had many departments: a Maternity Ward with staff obstetricians, Operating Rooms with staff surgeons, X-Ray department, Medical Laboratory Dental Clinic, Baby Clinic, Emergency Room, and general patient care admittance. A few of the goals of the Hospital were to educate the public on health information, care of elderly, and the general well being of the community.
With the growth and expansion of the community, the Hospital grew as well. In 1978, they added a new wing to the existing hospital, and in 1980, they added a heliport. The new wing allowed for more patients to stay in the hospital and allowed the hospital to further expand its existing departments. Adding a heliport, allowed patients to be flown in or out of the hospital due to their needs. It also allowed the hospital to gain status as a triage center.
The Highland Park Hospital, in 2012, is part of the NorthShore University HealthSystem .
Functions, occupations and activities
In house Medical Laboratory