Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Highland Park High School (Ill.).
Parallel form(s) of name
- Deerfield High School
- Deerfield-Shields High School
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The first Highland Park High School classes were held at Elm Place School. One person graduated in the first class in 1885, Milton H. Baker, Jr. In 1887, the second floor of Brand's Paint Store on Central Ave. began to serve as the high school. Renamed Deerfield Township High in 1890, the school was called Highland Park High School colloquially until Shields Hall Opened in 1900. By 1904, the high school officially included students from Shields Township and became Deerfield-Shields High School. The 1936 opening of Lake Forest High School witnessed the return of the name Highland Park High School as Shields Township students began to attend Lake Forest High School.
The current Deerfield High School opened the late 1950s.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Access points area
Subject access points
Place access points
Authority record identifier
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion